The Port Harcourt’s Angel Investment Masterclass, in partnership with African Business Angel Network (ABAN) and other partners, is aimed at educating the potential founding members of a South-South and South-East focused Angel Network and aid the emergence of the network.
This is a call to Pitch for deserving startup founders and teams around the South-South and South-East to apply to pitch during the Angel Investment Masterclass holding on April 13 -14, 2018 in Port Harcourt.
#StartupSouth is a Startup/Entrepreneurship ecosystem development project focused on the South-South and South-East. The Angel Investment Masterclass is possible because of Sponsors/Partners like African Business
Angel Network (ABAN), Lagos Angel Network, Genesys Tech Hub, Vantage Business, OlotuSquare, Swiss International Mabisel Hotel, Focus Hub, #StartupArewa, DevEast, Havilah & Hills and VC4A.
Five startups will be selected to pitch at the Angel Investment Masterclass in front of seasoned Angel Investors that include Tomi Davies – Co-founder of Lagos Angel Network and President of African Business Angel Network – and others.
Invitation letters have been sent to people and organisations interested in joining the Angel Network – including members of staff of IOCs operating within the region and business people. This will be the first time the Startup community members will be specifically interacting with a group of business savvy and experienced professionals across different background with a focus centered on Angel Investing.
- Startup must be an existing business not more than two years old, with experienced team at revenue stage.
- The Startups may have received investment before but not required.
- Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis with Shortlisted Startups notified on or before April 10, 2018.
- There’s no industry restriction but tech enabled Startups stand a better chance of being shortlisted.
- Masterclass starts on April 13, 2018, the
- Pitch proper will happen on April 14, 2018.
How To Apply
Eligible and qualified Startups are encouraged to apply via this link.