She Leads Africa, a social enterprise dedicated to supporting young African women and their journey towards professional success, is once again calling on African entrepreneurs to apply for its SLA Accelerator Program, 2018.
The SLA Accelerator is a 3-month program designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Africa’s brightest entrepreneurs. Since inception, the program has invested more than ₦15million in funding, and trained over 30 African entrepreneurs — many of whom have go on to build established businesses.
The 2018 Accelerator will consist of three 1-week residencies in Lagos where entrepreneurs will receive training from the SLA team, business leaders and experts.
- Three months of hands-on support and coaching
- Direct access to some of Africa’s most brilliant business minds
- Opportunity to win money to help fund your business
- The chance to pitch your business to a room of investors
- Mass media attention to help raise your business profile
How to apply
Application to the SLA Accelerator program works in 5 stages.
- Stage 1: Prepare and submit a “top-notch” application
- Stage 2: Participate in three 1-week bootcamps led by SLA team and be trained by top business experts and mentors
- Stage 3: Spend the ext 3 weeks implementing the lessons you’ve learnt
- Stage 4: Present your business to a room full of stakeholders and investors at SLA Investors’ Dinner
- Stage 5: Emerge one of top 3 entrepreneurs to walk away with cash prizes. First, second and third will receive ₦2million, ₦1million and ₦500,000 respectively.
The 2018 SLA Accelerator is run in partnership with the Work in Progress! Alliance – a consortium of Oxfam, Butterfly Works and VC4A focused on driving job creation and youth employment in Nigeria. The Accelerator is also supported by Lagos Innovates, an initiative of Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF).
You may visit the website to begin your application process. Application closes on Sunday, May 20, 2018.