For the first time, tech giant, Google is bringing its impact challenge down to Nigeria. The Google Impact Challenge, which has been on, around the world, aims to empower Nigerians in driving community impact, as well as support nonprofits and social enterprises having game-changing ideas to social impact, with a specific focus to increase economic opportunity in their communities.
Also, Google is giving out $2 million grant to non-profits using technology to reach their goals. According to a Google Nigeria official, four non-profits stand to win $250, 000 each, while eight runners-up will get $125, 000 each.
To be eligible for all the challenge above, organisations.
- Must be a registered non-profit organisation
- Organisation (non-profit) apply by submitting their proposals to create economic opportunity in Nigeria,
- Google and its partners will review the submitted applications and select 12 finalists
- From the 12 finalists, the public will have three weeks to vote for their favourite idea.
- All 12 finalists are invited to pitch their ideas to a 12-man panel of Judges at a final event. The Judges will select three winners from these finalists, and also announce the people’s choice winner.
- How to Apply
To submit your entry for the Google Impact Challenge, head to the website. Deadline for submission is July 4, 2018.