The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Award is targeted at recognising and supporting brilliant young innovators tackling the planet’s biggest environmental and social challenges.
Since the launch of the award, over 3,500 inspiring young sustainability entrepreneurs and their organisations have been reached. According to Unilever, they also have provided support and funding to 29 winners since inception. Each year, the organisation supports up to eight winners, with the overall winner of the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize receiving €50,000 and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
- Anyone from around the world, aged between 18 and 35 (as of June 29, 2018)
- The initiative must be in one of these categories; Hunger, Health and Well-being, Quality Education, Gender Equality, Clean Water and Sanitation, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Responsible Consumption and Production, Climate Action.
- Assessment process led by the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership,
- Culminating in video interviews with finalist selection panels.
- All eight winners will be invited to an Accelerator Programme in Cambridge, before making their final pitches in person to a guest judging panel who will decide on the HRH Prize Winner of the 2018 competition.
- Winners will have a chance to practice their pitches during the Accelerator in Cambridge where they will work with experts from the University of Cambridge, Unilever and other inspirational speakers and guests
- The overall winner will receive the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize’
- All winners attend a residential Accelerator Programme run by the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, followed by a year of mentoring support completely tailored to their needs. That could range from business support through to personal development coaching – whatever is most needed to help that entrepreneur and their business succeed
How to Apply
To submit your entry, you’ll need to create a profile and complete the application form online.