Following the recent unveiling of NG_HUB, Facebook has launched its FbStart Accelerator, in partnership with CcHub. The Facebook-powered FbStart Accelerator is a deep-tech focused innovation lab for entrepreneurs, students, researchers building solutions with advanced technologies– Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Internet of Things, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The program is open to all startups and students who are innovators.
The selected applicants will be under research and mentorship for a duration of 6 months while using emerging technologies to solve local problems. The initiative will focus on providing teams with the needed financial, technical and business support.
The program is designed in two categories:
The Onsite Accelerator: the onsite accelerator program is fashioned for startup teams who would focus on the need for specific products and businesses. The Onsite Accelerator is open to entrepreneurs, researchers, students, technologists providing solutions with advanced technologies.
- Equity-free funding: Startup teams would get $20,000 in equity-free funding
- Access to technical experts and business mentors from the Facebook and CcHUB network
- An office space with high-speed internet, meeting rooms and more
The Virtual Accelerator: the Virtual accelerator program is designed for student teams to accommodate the peculiarity of student teams. To be eligible for the Virtual Accelerator, you must be a student in a Nigerian higher institution.
- Equity-free funding: BSc. students – $5,000. MSc. students – $10,000 PhD. students – $15,000
- Access to technical experts and business mentors from the Facebook and CcHUB’s network
- Possible access to office space and high-speed internet at partner hubs
- A flexible program designed with consideration to your academic obligations
How to apply
If you are interested in the any of the categories in the FbStart Accelerator program, visit the website to begin your application process. Deadline is Friday, June 29, 2018.