Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s & Her) competition is a platform created for female entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the SDG’s through their business operations. The competition is a spin-off an initiative launched in 2015, by all the 193 United Nations member countries, to create the future they want by signing on to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). SDG’s & Her competition is sponsored by the World Bank Group, in partnership with Wharton University, UN Development Programme (UNDP) and UN Women.
To be eligible for SDG’s & Her competition, you must:
- Have been operating a female-led venture for at least 3 years
- own a micro-enterprise, with at most 9 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under $10,000 or annual sales of under $100,000
Winners of the competition will:
- Receive leadership training, mentoring
- Be flown to New York City for an event at the United Nations in September 2018, where they will showcase their achievements
How to apply
You may proceed to the website to commence application. Applications close on Saturday, 30 June 2018.