Nigeria’s digital publishing startup, Publiseer, has been selected as one of the startups competing at Startup Istanbul Challenge 2018, in Tukey. The challenge commences Friday 19 through Monday 22, October, this year. This was announced by Elif Coşkunkan, the Managing Partner of Startup Istanbul on Saturday 2 July, 2018.
Startup Istanbul is a leading startup event which brings together founders, investors, and executives from Europe, Africa, and Asia. Startup Istanbul is organised by Etohum- a leading startup accelerator and seed investor in Turkey. The past winner of Startup Istanbul, Tespack, closed a €2 million invested led by the jury.
Benefits Publiseer would get as one of the competitors include:
- 3 tickets for its co-founders and team members,
- 3 tickets for the boat tour in Bosphorous, a demo table in the exhibit hall on 22 October,
- 3 webinars before the event
- One-to-one pitching training
- Istanbul Technical University Technopark tour
- Workshop on how to establish a company in Turkey
- Quickfire pitch on stage on 22 October
- Digital branding with Startany and Startup Istanbul
- Visibility to Startup Istanbul’s network of 200+ investors
- Social media mentions to Startup Istanbul’s 550K followers, and a mention in the newsletter to Startup Istanbul’s over one hundred and fifty thousand readers.
Also note that Publiseer is one of the startups that was recently awarded a ₦120,000 voucher from the Lagos State Government through its Lagos Innovates program. This voucher would be redeemed by Publiseer at one of the partner hubs of the program, which include Venia Hub, Leadspace Shared Facilities Limited, amongst others.
It is imperative to know that Publiseer reported profitability last month, after barely eight months in business. Launched in August 2017 as a digital publishing company, Publiseer’s main function the is distribution of books and songs of Nigerian writers and music arts at no charge. This is in line with its mission to encourage and promote the creative minds in Nigeria to the world.