WE Empower Challenge Opens With $20,000 Grant for Women Entrepreneurs
WE Empower Challenge is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs who are advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDG) and inspiring their immediate communities to create a better world for the future.
From the pool of applicants, five awardees will be selected from each of the UN regions. Selected applicants will receive a notification by early August 2018 to participate in a series of training and events.
To be eligible for WE Empower Challenge the following are required:
- Your business has been operating for more than three years
- You have at least three full-time staff in your payroll
- Your business generates at least $100,000 USD annually in sales
- You are proficient in speaking and writing the English Language
- You are available to travel to New York City between September 23-29, 2018
Selected applicant(s ) will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in a dynamic pitch event that brings together top business, technology, venture capital and media leaders, where one awardee receives $20,000 grant
- Attend a high-level dialogue with senior UN Officials, the Council of women world leaders and women political leaders global forum
- Participate in global citizen week events including a ticket to attend the global citizen festival in central park
- Participate at the UN private sector forum event convened by the UN Secretary-General
How to Apply
If you are a female business owner interested in applying for the WE Empower Challenge, visit the website. Deadline for application is Sunday, July 1, 2018.