After hosting the maiden edition of Techpoint Build earlier this year, Techpoint is set to host the next one. The maiden edition saw Placements.ng emerge the top startup among nine startups from Nigeria that competed in a segment of the event — Pitch Storm — and walked away with the grand prize of ₦1 million.
In the next edition of Techpoint Build, Pitch Storm remains a pitch competition for early-stage startups that use technology to solve basic problems. But this time, expanding its focus to other West African countries. The event is scheduled to hold on Saturday, January 26, 2019, at the Landmark Event Centre, Lagos.
Among the eligible participating startups, 12 finalists would be selected and one out of the finalist, emerge as the winner of the competition while the other finalists get to pitch to potential local and foreign investors in a closed Deal Room.
Startups will be screened out from the pool of application which will be handled by Techpoint partners. It’s worthy of note that there would be selected judges for each category at the event.
Interested startups must fit into one of the following categories;
- Fintech and Payments
- Education and Recruitment
- Cryptocurrency and Blockchain
- Media & Entertainment
- Health and Nutrition
- Logistics and Transportation
- Qualifying startups must be early-stage companies and should have a fully working product, reasonably close to or in production
- Exposure of pitching to a live audience of distinguished investors in Nigeria
- The overall winner will receive $10,000 (equity-free)
How to Apply
If you are confident that your business is a problem solver, you can register on the website. Applications are open until 12 AM (WAT), Wednesday, October 31, 2018.