Get Up to ₦3m Business Grant from IB PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart
IB PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart is International Breweries PLC’s corporate social investment (CSI) initiative run by its subsidiary IB PLC Hero’s Foundation.
Since inception in 2016, the IB PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart programme has been on a quest to instil a culture of entrepreneurship among Nigerian youths by encouraging them to develop their big ideas into sustainable businesses or expand their existing businesses through the provision of material and financial support which include:
- Business development skill training
- Business mentoring and coaching
- Provision of grant for business start-up and or expansion
First launched in South Africa in 1995 as a poverty alleviation initiative, the programme has also been implemented in Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, and Tanzania. The ultimate goal of the programme is helping to build a young prosperous society by helping to create a culture of entrepreneurship thereby reducing youth unemployment in Nigeria.
IB PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart programme is open only to Nigerians between the ages 18 to 35 who live and have their businesses in Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Imo and Rivers states.
- The competition is open to Nigerians between the ages 18 to 35 years who live and have their businesses in the following states: Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Imo and Rivers states.
- Applicants must be at least 18 and at most 35 years with valid identification (e.g National I.D; Drivers License; International Passport; Voters Registration, etc) as at the last day of the application period.
- He or she must be willing to operate the business on a full-time basis
- Should have an innovative business idea in need of a startup capital or already have an existing small business needing capital to expand operations
- Energetic and entrepreneurial in approach
- Should be able to read and write
Interested individuals should apply by downloading the application form or pick up hard copies at the various designated centres and partners’ offices across Nigeria. All forms must be filled, signed and submitted to the programme’s recognised centres.
Scanned copies of completed forms can also be submitted online: [email protected]
A number of top entries will be selected based on the merit and quality of their business proposals by a team of seasoned experts. Each form will be scored against the “Screening Sheet”. The sheet will be used to grade and rank all submitted application form, the score gotten from the submission will be debated upon by the experts to ensure alignment and common ratings. For clarity of purpose and fairness to all applicants, the Screening sheet is an internal document. Scores are not shared externally.
Successful applicants will then undergo an intensive one-week business training. The modules for the training will include:
- Human Resources
- Business Plan Writing
- Book Keeping
- Income Statements
At the end of the training, applicants will be given one month to write the final competing business plan.
- Each judge is given a copy of each submission document for review
- Judges convene to interview applicants on their business plans
- Business plan and interviews for each applicant are rated and scores aggregated to determine winners (Kickstarters)
- The outcome of the judges’ decision remains confidential until the day of the award ceremony
- The decision of the judges is final and cannot be contested
Kickstart Awards (Grand Finale)
This will take a form of a grand event and winners will be announced and presented with their prizes. It will be a high profile event with government functionaries and business persons in attendance.
Mentoring & Monitoring
The awardees will have access to carefully selected expert assistance through mentorship and coaching for the period of a year. The Kickstarters are under the obligation to observe and implement the advice as tendered by the mentors. There will be a monthly update on the progress made and business performance which will be shared with the Foundation and International Breweries PLC Management.
If you do business in any of the eligible states, you can begin your application process by downloading the application form or picking up hard copies at the various designated centres and partners’ offices across Nigeria. Scanned copies of completed forms can also be submitted online: [email protected]
IB PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart is closing on Sunday, September 30, 2018. Good luck with your application!
On September 8, 2018, Smepeaks is hosting Africa’s first revolutionary conference to share and learn from founders’ failure stories. Reserve a seat immediately!