Apply for Wellcome Trust 2018: Climate Change and Health Award ( £500,000)
The Wellcome Trust is a biomedical research charity based in London, United Kingdom. It was established in 1936 with legacies from the pharmaceutical magnate Sir Henry Wellcome to fund research to improve human and animal health
Wellcome Trust, a foundation that supports thousands of scientists and researchers, spark debate and take on big problems.
Their support includes staff, materials and consumables, equipment, research management, and support costs, travel and subsistence, fieldwork expenses, inflation allowance, publication costs other costs.
To be eligible, your proposal must focus on at least one of the areas:
- Developing tools, data sources and other resources to support research into climate change and health
- Assessing the health co-benefits of actions to mitigate climate change
- Assessing the health impacts of actions to adapt to climate change.
- Where your host organisation is based: the UK, Republic of Ireland, low-or middle-income countries, and the rest of the world
- Duration of funding: Up to 3 years.
- From £500,000 to £1,000,000,000 funding opportunity, as long as your submission is impactful.
- Climate Change and Health Awards is open to researchers who want to better understand the links between climate change and people’s health.
- The award is open to individuals or teams of up to ten members from anywhere in the world.
You can apply if you’re based at:
- an academic research organisation
- a not-for-profit or government body
- a private sector organisation
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria stipulated above, you can head to the website to apply. Deadline for the preliminary application is Thursday, October 11, 2018.