2-Days Marathon! (₦3 Million in Cash Prize) You are Invited for NIBSS Hackathon 2018
The Nigerian Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) has opened applications for its 2018 NIBSS Hackathon.
NIBSS “hackathon” is an invention marathon, an event where individuals with interest in technology can learn, build, and share inventions over the course of a period in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.
The maiden edition of the hackathon is organised to bring together tech-driven individuals, and innovative software developers to learn and collaborate on software projects for a chance to win up to ₦3 million in cash prize.
The 2018 edition of NIBSS Hackathon is a 2-day challenge towards solving current NIBSS technological challenges, innovate products, and push the limits of existing technologies implemented in the NIBSS technological space through the participation of selected individuals with prizes given out to deserving products. This year’s edition is themed “Biometrics: Key to the future and inclusion”
- Primary target groups are; Software developers and tech-lovers to venture capitalists, investors, banks and FinTechs, the NIBSS hackathon is open to all individuals irrespective of their age.
- Applicants must be resident in Nigeria.
- The winning team would be awarded ₦3 million, the 1st runner-up – ₦2 million, and 2nd runner-up – ₦1 million
- Prizes would also be given to individuals selected by the judges to have presented the best ideas.
Solutions required by NIBSS to address the following:
- Identify and implement different fingerprint authentication and validation methods.
- Payment innovation using fingerprint authentication.
- Valuable collaboration with stakeholders/partners: banks, fintechs.
- Accurate, identifiable and accountable (Easy, timesaving and safe for use; user-friendly systems, scalable and secure; convenient and versatile).
How to Apply
Interested participants can visit the website to register in-group or individually for NBISS Hackathon 2018, the deadline for registration is Thursday, September 27, 2018.