#End Poverty: Win $250,000 and a Trip to SA at Global Citizen Youth Leadership Prize
Cisco and Global Citizen are joining forces to create the Global Citizen Youth Leadership Prize presented by Cisco to recognise and lift up a young person positively impacting the world — as a way to demonstrate the impact that young people are having on solving global problems.
Both organisations are united in their belief that young people around the world are leading the way to create and implement solutions to achieve the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem solving.
Selected via an application process, the Youth Leadership prize honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending global poverty. The award includes a $250,000 prize paid to the organisation to which the individual contributes.
The 2018 winner of the Global Citizen Youth Leadership Prize will receive:
- USD $250,000 awarded to a person or specific people on behalf of an organisation that is judged to best fit selection criteria
- An all-inclusive round-trip to Johannesburg, South Africa to attend the Prize Ceremony at the Global Citizen Mandela 100 Festival
- Networking and development opportunities to support your work
Judging will be based on 5 equally-weighted criteria:
IMPACT: Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
VISION: Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
CATALYST: Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION: Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
- You must be 18-30 years old as of December 2, 2018, and be able to travel to South Africa in early December to accept prize.
- For period of three years, you must be willing to do media interviews and appearances, and grant rights to GC and Cisco to use name, likeness and related content in GC or Cisco marketing campaigns and on GC or Cisco owned-platforms, such as cisco.com, globalcitizen.org and social platforms.
- You must not be a citizen of a country or entity subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other government entity of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize.
- You must not be an employee of Global Citizen or Cisco.
- You must not be any organizations who have previously received prize funding or direct grant funding from Cisco or the Cisco Foundation.
- You must accept the terms and conditions as listed here.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirement above, you may proceed to apply for Global Citizen Youth Leadership Prize via its application portal. Deadline for application is on Monday, October 15, 2018.