Now Open: African Youth Energy Innovator 2019 (Fully Funded to Johannesburg)
In its quest to encourage and find a solution to energy problems in Africa, Africa Energy Indaba has opened up submissions for its third African Youth Energy Innovator Showcase 2019, which will be taking place at the Africa Energy Indaba Conference, Johannesburg.
The Africa Energy Indaba Conference will discuss, debate and seek solutions to enable adequate energy generation across the continent. Delegates, drawn from all continents, represent an unrivalled combination of industry experts, project developers, financiers, energy users, government officials and manufacturers. Selected finalists will be sponsored to showcase their solutions at the conference.
Africa needs to invest in and grow its next generations of energy leaders if its countries and the broader continent are to compete in the global arena. We want to foster inspirational and innovative thinking, starting with the talented youth in Africa.
The contest is open to 18 to 35-year-old individuals from across Africa, and the submitted innovations should address the key areas; Energy, Security, Environmental sustainability, Energy equity, Job creation.
Africa Energy Indaba is committed to empowering talented young Africans by allowing them to be seen by the industry experts and energy decision makers. Africa Energy Indaba wants to encourage empowerment and help find solutions to energy problems in Africa.
Individuals who are:
- Between 18 to 35 years old
- Have citizenship in any country in Africa
Your innovation should address at least of one these key areas:
- Energy Security: Can your innovation help with effective management of energy supply, reliability of energy infrastructure, or meet a specific set of current and future demands?
- Environmental Sustainability: Does your innovation provide clean renewable or low carbon supply energy?
- Energy Equity: Can your innovation improve accessibility and affordability of energy in Africa?
- Job creation: Could your innovation create jobs?
- Target customers: Who is the innovation going to benefit? For example Utilities / Rural communities / Corporates etc.?
- Customer value: What are the key benefits of your innovation to customers?
- Your unique value proposition: How will you differentiate and position yourself?
- The winner will receive the Best Innovator Award and will be recognized at the Africa Energy Indaba 2019 in Johannesburg.
- The Top-5 finalists will each receive an opportunity to showcase their Innovation in a 2-day Exhibition during the Africa Energy Indaba.
- All expenses paid (flights, accommodation, Exhibition Stand, free media coverage of your innovation)
- Publicity and exposure of the winning innovations to local and international market opportunities
- Access to the exclusive Business Matchmaking networking programme to meet with potential investors
- Opportunity to meet the key public and private sector stakeholders
- The possibility of attracting funding or sponsorship
How to Enter
Note: No late entries will be accepted after the close date.