Apply for TEF/IFRA ‘Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa’ Programme 2019
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme (TEFEP), arguably the largest African philanthropic initiative committed to empowering African entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship on the continent, is once again supporting young Africans in partnership with The French Institute for Research in Africa (IFRA), an organisation that coordinates multi-disciplinary research programmes in social sciences in East Africa
Both organisations are calling on Nigerian master students in Economics or Political Sciences of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) or the University of Ibadan (UI) to conduct field research in Nigeria and Kenya, starting in January 2019.
The research will aim at studying the impact of the “Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa” programme in the targeted countries.
A master thesis (and technical report) will be produced by the selected students showcasing the key findings will be submitted to TEF and IFRA and the victorious candidate will team up with a French student starting fieldwork in January 2019 in other African countries.
Both will compare their received data and exchange ideas.
- The successful applicant will benefit in the following ways:
- Co-supervision by seasoned officials from the IFRA and TEF Foundation team
- A monthly stipend of 500 € over a period of one year to fund his/her research.
- Transport and research fees in the other targeted country will be covered.
- Access to the TEF foundation data and logistical support in Nigeria and Kenya.
- The programme is open to Nigeria Master students
- Applicant must be a student in either Economics or Political Science, matriculated in UNILAG or UI for the 2018/19 academic year.
How to Apply
To learn more or participate in the programme visit TEF/IFRA website to submit your letter. Deadline for submission is Sunday, December 20, 2019.