Female Entrepreneur? Apply for the SheTrades, Commonwealth Programme 2019
As a contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals, the International Trade Centre (ITC) has launched the SheTrades initiative to create an ecosystem of integrated solutions that empower women economically through trade.
The SheTrades initiative aims to connect three million women to market by 2021 and rallies stakeholders around the world to work together on seven actions to address trade barriers and create greater opportunities for women entrepreneurs.
Application is currently open for the 2019 SheTrades in the Commonwealth Programme. Under the Programme, selected women-owned businesses, business support organizations and corporations will benefit from a wide range of opportunities to expand their business and jointly advance women economic empowerment.
The Project is funded by the UK Department for International Development and implemented by the International Trade Centre (ITC) under the framework of the SheTrades initiative.
For Women-Owned Business
- Get connected to potential buyers, investors, suppliers and business support organizations;
- Learn new skills to boost your business potential through our free-of-cost and tailored e-learning courses, on-site workshops and webinars;
- Receive support to attend national, regional and international trade fairs;
- Participate in B2B meetings;
- Increase your visibility and enlarge your network in international markets.
- Increase your visibility and expand your network in the international arena;
- Benefit from customised capacity building activities;
- Expand your portfolio of services offered to women-led SMEs;
- Contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals and support women’s economic empowerment;
- Share, exchange and learn from other institutions.
- Connect with over 3000 women-owned businesses from Bangladesh, Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria and expand your pool of suppliers;
- Identify unique and innovative businesses opportunities;
- Learn, share and exchange with key businesses, governments and institutions;
- Support the UN Sustainable Development Goals by empowering women;
- Develop new partnerships and increase your visibility in emerging markets.
Women-Owned Business (WOB): Your company/cooperative is at least 30% owned, managed and controlled by women; legally registered and incorporated company domiciled in Bangladesh, Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria.
Business Support Organization (BSO): You are a trade and investment support institution, e.g. export promotion organisations, chambers of commerce; women’s associations; and sector associations etc.
Corporation: You are a company/foundation/academia interested in sourcing, investing and/or sharing and exchanging with women entrepreneurs.
Interested applicants can apply online on or before Friday, 15th February 2019.