Apply for Anzisha Prize 2019, Win up to $100,000 Plus a Trip to South Africa
Young African entrepreneurs can now apply for the Anzisha Prize 2019. Anzisha Prize seeks to award young entrepreneurs who have developed and implemented innovative solutions to social challenges or started successful businesses within their communities. This is Africa’s biggest award for her youngest entrepreneurs and hands out over $100,000 every year in funding to entrepreneurs from all over the continent.
20 finalists from the pool of applicants will win a fellowship to support grow their business and an all-expenses-paid trip to South Africa to be a part of a two-week-long entrepreneurship workshop and conference at the African Leadership Academy campus in Johannesburg. The grand prize winners, selected from these finalists, will share prizes worth $100,000.
The Anzisha Program is a partnership between African Leadership Academy and Mastercard Foundation that seeks to fundamentally and significantly increase the number of job generative entrepreneurs in Africa.
- Monetary Reward for a shared amount of $100,000
- $2,000 access to a world-renowned Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum and training with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance
- $2,500 worth of rewards from consulting and mentorship services
- $2,000 worth of rewards from Global speaking events or Experts in Residence support
- $1,000 worth of rewards from Regional Indabas across the continent
- Must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before November 1, 1995 or after October 31, 2003 will not be considered.
- Must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/ beneficiaries.
- Business must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! You have time to get started now and have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started a business together). One person can apply for the Prize, on behalf of the team.
To be selected as one of the Anzisha ventures, applicant’s business or project will be judged on the following criteria;
- Already Running Venture
- Job Creation
Also to be selected as one of Anzisha Fellows, applicants must demonstrate the following 2 qualities;
- Venture leader
Application is currently open, interested applicants should apply online on or before Sunday, March 31, 2019.
Never miss an important story during the week. Subscribe to smepeaks weekly newsletter now.