Application for the Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) is currently open. Interested applicants who are early stage social entrepreneur looking to unlock their potentials and create impact are invited to apply.
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is a 4-month intensive fully sponsored Entrepreneurship, leadership and business training that provides early-stage social entrepreneurs with the resources they need to discover opportunities, unlock their potential and create impact in their local communities.
YES seeks to identify, inspire and empower 20 young social entrepreneurs to recognise opportunities, explore innovative approaches, mobilise resources, manage risks, and build viable social enterprises. This year’s event will run from Saturday, March 30th through Thursday, June 27 June 2019 from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm in Nairobi.
Some benefits of being part of the Africa YES 2019 programme includes:
- Develop your entrepreneurial leadership skills
- A hands-on approach to building and growing your social venture
- Access a network of entrepreneurs, mentors and opportunities (including internships, funding and workshops)
- Access to the funding of up to a $15,000 (zero-equity funding)
- Access to free co-working space for 3 months
- Potential exchange programme with young entrepreneurs from South Korea
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is looking for self-starters, leaders, changemakers who are out to create viable businesses and also create an impact in their local community and beyond. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The venture must solve a clear social problem in the community
- There must be a viable and tested solution already in place (not just an idea)
- The social venture should have a viable business model
- The venture should have at least five paying customers or making revenue of at least $200
- There should be ambition by the founder of the venture to grow to achieve large scale impact
- The applicant can commit to attending weekly sessions (every Saturday) in Nairobi from March to June 2019
- The applicant can commit to doing weekly assignments/tasks in relation to their venture
- The applicant must be working either full time or at least 30 hours per week in their venture
- The applicant must be below 30 years of age when applying
Interested applicant should apply online on or before Friday, March 8, 2019.
Never miss an important story during the week. Subscribe to smepeaks weekly newsletter now.