Applications for the Alibaba Class 7 eFounders Fellowship program are open. The program will be subject to owners/co-owners of digital enterprises from Ethiopia, Ghana, Algeria, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia and Nigeria.
The Alibaba Class 7 fellowship is rendering first-hand exposure to digital innovations and e-commerce, networking with business leaders across China amongst other opportunities.
The fellowship is a community of passionate and innovative “Champions for the new economy” looking to proffer digital solutions to problems, and to also create a development model for all.
The fellowship is jointly organised by Alibaba business school and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)–who are responsible for the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals for 2030. The program will be held at Hangzhou China (Alibaba’s headquarters).
To have a shot at the Fellowship, you must be;
- A founder/co-founder of a bonafide digital enterprise that has been in operation for a minimum of 2 years
- Able to provide your official business license upon request, during application procedure
- Headquartered, situated at or operate in one of the following countries: Ghana, Morocco, Tunisia, Senegal, Algeria, Tunisia, Ethiopia, Nigeria
- Present with at least ONE referral in your application (referrals from partners, organisations etc.)
- An entrepreneur below 35 years, female entrepreneurs are strongly encouraged to apply
Participants stand to learn
- The key factors in Alibaba’s success
- The ups and downs that have shaped Alibaba’s journey
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Aliababa’s ecosystem
The following are the covered costs;
- Hotel accommodation (rooms will be shared)
- Small daily allowance
- Field trips and site visit transportation costs
The following are uncovered costs (costs covered by you);
- Single hotel room request (if you desire to stay in a single room, you are mandated to cover the full costs)
- Air tickets and transportation/pick up service to and from Hangzhou China
- Additional meals and personal expenses
How to apply
To have a shot at the opportunity, kindly fill the application form. Deadline is Thursday, June 9, 2019.
Never miss an important story during the week. Subscribe to smepeaks weekly newsletter now.