GreenHouse Lab, is a three-month accelerator focused solely on early-stage, female-led or female-focused technology startups across Africa, as well as African run startups domiciled overseas with products scalable in African markets.
As seen with its first cohort, the programme will give participants the opportunity to receive world-class tech entrepreneurship training, a minimum of $100,000 and access to a global network of mentors and investors.
Sectors invited for the GreenHouse Lab Accelerator are inclusive of Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial Services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Cars, Household appliances, Luxury goods and jewelry.
Program Benefits Include:
- A global cross-industry investor, corporate partner, and mentorship network
- Access to products and resources from GreenHouse Capital partners, including Google Launchpad, an intensive curriculum delivered by Google mentors and industry experts
- The opportunity to work out of Vibranium Valley, Lagos, Nigeria’s premier tech hub
Ecosystem engagement (through networking sessions and roadshows
- The potential to receive a minimum of $100,000 investment from GreenHouse Capital for startups that qualify and meet the accelerator’s investment readiness criteria (this excludes other offers that may come from its global network of investors).
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for the program:
- Be an early-stage tech startup with at least one female member on their founding or leadership team
- Have identified a critical need in Africa and is building an effective, sustainable and scalable solution
- Have a team consisting of at least two members including one technical member
- Have developed, at a minimum, a beta-product and be in the process of refining a go-to-market strategy, building out sales channels and generating revenue
- Be extremely passionate about their chosen vertical and demonstrate the necessary commitment to building the company of their dreams.
- The three-month accelerator begins in mid-August and ends in mid-November. Selected startups will be required to commit 2 employees to the program for up to 3 days a week in Lagos.
Method of Application
Make sure you have a venture profile published on the VC4Africa platform with your most recent pitch deck attached. Apply for the program via the online application form. Entries close Sunday, August 4, 2019.