Win an all-expense paid trip to Russia from Rosatom Africa’s ‘Atoms for Africa Video Competition’
‘Atoms for Africa’ online video competition is aimed at creating lasting solutions to the growth of a nation’s economic, social and political sector through the use of nuclear technology. Participants are expected to research on how nuclear technology can be harnessed to achieve UN sustainable development goals (SDGs) in Africa and create solutions from the research.
The competition is open to students, entrepreneurs, innovators and young professionals aged between 18-30. Interested participants are required to submit an online video titled “How nuclear technologies can assist in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) in Africa” documenting their findings and promote on Facebook. The video, in English, must be a maximum length of 3 minutes with original content from the participant. The use of any video content obtained from a professional organization, university or third party is permitted but not above 50% of the original video.
The winners will be announced at the award ceremony that will take place at the 2nd African Nuclear Youth Summit to be held in Johannesburg, South Africa in early October 2019.
- 1st and 2nd place winners will go on an all-expenses-paid trip to Russia in November 2019
- 3rd place winners will receive valuable prizes
- Seven other shortlisted videos will be rewarded with commemorative certificates and gifts
- No cash compensations
- Each team can consist of up to 3 people
- We accept entries from young people (ages of 18 to 30)
- Participants must be permanent residents of the countries from Sub-Saharan Africa
- Participants must be able and available to travel
How to apply
To be a part of Atoms for Africa video competition, read the terms and conditions on Atom For Africa Facebook page, post your short video on facebook and tag @Rosatominafrica. Also use the following hashtags; #Atoms4Africa, #AtomsForAfrica, #RosatomCompetition. All participating teams will need to notify Rosatom and fill in an online application form. Deadline for submission is Friday, September 30, 2019.