Apply for a shot at $30,000 and trip to SA from Founder Africa Mobility Startup Demo Day
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services with operations divided into four business sectors: mobility solutions, industrial technology, consumer goods, and energy and building technology.
Founders Factory Africa aims to build and scale 140 technology startups across Africa over the next five years. Its unique model provides the best support for startup founders. It combines the smarts and experience of local and international technical specialists, with access to a global network of investors and exclusive partnerships with the world’s most forward-thinking corporates.
Mobility Startup Demo Day is targeting solutions in the areas of :
- connectivity, IoT and big data
- vehicle hailing, renting and sharing
- clean energy and electric vehicles
- charging, parking and city transport infrastructure
- automation and delivery; vehicle safety; insurance and more
This Demo Day gives the top 10 smart mobility startups from across Africa an opportunity to pitch to Bosch and Founders Factory Africa, for a chance to win up to $30,000 and potentially partner with Bosch, as well as be a part of Founders Factory Africa’s accelerator program. Investors, partners, and other tech ecosystem players in South Africa will also be attending the Demo Day.
This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your solution to Bosch, and to explore areas of collaboration across Africa and globally. In addition, you may be selected to enter Founders Factory Africa’s bespoke accelerator: a tailored six-month engagement with access to over 40 tech and business experts and designers, as well as Founders Factory Africa’s corporate investors to scale your startup.
This application is open to all early-stage or reaching-growth-stage startups that fit the criteria outlined below and also sit within the smart mobility themes identified by Bosch.
Each startup must possess:
- Clearly identified the market or customer pain point and value proposition
- Strong technology and business co-founders
- Clear potential for growth and increasing unit economics
- Innovative solution with a validated Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Strategic alignment with Bosch’s focus on smart mobility solutions
- Being a revenue-generating startup is an added advantage
Smart mobility themes
The smart mobility themes identified by Bosch are:
- Passenger cabin safety
- Connectivity/IoT solutions
- Clean energy and electric vehicles
- Product delivery
- Public transport route automation
- Urbanisation (connectivity, infrastructure)
- Data (could overlap with insurance)
The top selected startups at the Mobility Startup Demo Day stand the chance to gain:
- An all-expense-paid trip to Johannesburg, South Africa
- Up to $30,000 in funding
- Partnership with Bosch
- Be a part of Founders Factory Africa’s accelerator program
How to apply
Interested in taking part in the Mobility Startup Demo Day? Kindly fill this simple form with information about your startup and upload your pitch deck. Finalists will be selected and contacted for interviews. The top 10 startups will be invited to Johannesburg, South Africa, in the first week of November 2019 for Demo Day. All expenses covered. Deadline for applications is Friday, September 6, 2019, at 11:59 pm GMT.