We are currently witnessing a trend in many advanced and emerging economies where economic prosperity is increasingly becoming decoupled from social prosperity and environmental sustainability. There is an urgent need for a global paradigm change to recouple the economy with social and ecological needs, and to reverse the growing global inequality. The Young Global Changers 2020 brings together young people from around the world combining their talents to achieve a global paradigm shift and together become a strong voice for change.
The Young Global Changers 2020 is for you if:
- You share concerns about the current global situation;
- You’re already engaged in a project or initiative to bring about positive change and would like to engage with a broad network of like-minded people;
- You would like to participate in a comprehensive summer school and attend the Global Solutions Summit in Berlin and
- You would like to contribute as a member of an active global community of change-makers.
This year, you can apply to one of three different areas: academia, business or civil society.
We are looking for young people between 21-35 years with innovative ideas on how to make this world a better place and who have developed a project or an initiative to put these ideas into action.
This project can be a research project, a social project, a global advocacy campaign or a local neighbourhood initiative, a business idea a social enterprise, or more. It needs to be connected to a current global challenge and must aim to make an impact and bring about positive change, whether at the global, regional or local level.
Applicants from all three areas will be part of the same program and attend the Summer School and the Summit together. The aim of the program is to bring people from different backgrounds together, so they can benefit from each other´s know-how.
The Young Global Changers Programme 2020 seeks applicants in the following categories:
- Young Researchers and Academics: are you involved in research on how economic prosperity can be recoupled with social and environmental sustainability?
- Young entrepreneurs and Intrapreneurs: are you running your own social business, working on a sustainable business idea or innovating business from the inside?
- Young Nonprofit -Leaders: are you actively involved in a nonprofit project that aims at recoupling the economy with society or taking a leading role in a community to bring about change?
Also, all applicants must satisfy the following general criteria:
be between 21 – 35 years old
- be available to attend the summer and the Global Solutions Summit in Berline, 17 – 22 April 2020
- Have a special interest in one or several of the overarching topics of the Global Solutions Initiative
- Provide proof of volunteer work or extracurricular social projects
- Have an excellence command of the English language
- Have an initiative or project which shows a connection to recoupling economies with social progress and sustainability
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship to participate in the Global Solutions Summer School and the Global Solutions Summit from April 17-22, 2020 in Berlin, Germany.
How to apply
If you check all the requirement boxes for the Young Global Changer 2020, you may proceed to apply via the website. Entries to the programme close Sunday, December 1, 2019.
Never miss an important story during the week. Subscribe to smepeaks weekly newsletter now.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email via [email protected]