Africa4Future accelerator 2020 application is open to African startups
Africa4Future accelerator 2020 is the third of Africa4Future, an initiative by Airbus BizLab was launched in 2017 with the sole aim to encourage and support entrepreneurship in Africa. Airbus seeks to unite the aerospace industry with different players in Africa through #Africa4future.
The Africa4Future accelerator 2020 is open to African start-ups, service providers, software companies that are passionate to bring solutions in agriculture and infrastructure that are related to remote-sensing technology.
It includes automation, blockchain, artificial intelligence, data analytics, material composites, manufacturing and more. Infrastructure indicates transportation/logistics mapping, water monitoring, waste management, real estate, urban development and other related areas.
Benefits of the Africa4Future Accelerator
- Participants will have free access to the best of Airbus technologies and expertise to create the best possible variant of your solution
- 250,000 credits on the UP42 platform to access dynamic analytics tools
- Participants will get the opportunity to present a project to the leadership of Airbus and GIZ for potential partnership
- Tailored coaching to upgrade your value proposition and your business’ capability to work with large organizations
- Access to Airbus experts, local industry experts and investors
- Possible connection with the global value chain and build commercial suction through showcase events in Africa and Europe (Viva Tech, Africa-France summit and more)
Travel, accommodation and food will be paid by the organizer for one person from a startup for all workshops and events.
- Must constitute value in Agriculture and Infrastructure sectors
- Must have the capability to leverage remote sensing technologies
- Must have been running a business for at least 1 year
- Must have an existing product with traction (customers and/or revenue)
- Must have a strong management team
- Must have experience leveraging partnerships to create influence
Companies must be registered in Africa and at least one active member of the founding team must be an African citizen.
The program is designed to be a mix of virtual and physical engagements.
March 14, 2020: Application portal closes
April 13 – 17, 2020: Kick-Off week (Virtual)
May 3 – 16, 2020: Workshops and showcase in Africa
June 1 – 13, 2020: Showcase events, partner meetings and workshops in Europe.
July 6 – 8,2020: Presentation to Airbus leadership and GIZ
How to apply
Start-ups can submit their application via the online portal from today till Saturday, March 14, 2020
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].