Are you are a female entrepreneur facing challenges? Apply for Tech By Her Accelerator 2020
Female entrepreneurs facing challenges and actively looking for opportunities to grow and scale their businesses can now apply for Tech By Her Accelerator 2020.
The program is open to women in business who would like to connect, share intelligence and experiences with their counterparts in the tech ecosystem. Her Accelerator 2020 presents participants with the opportunity to spread their Pan-African networks and make an impact in their various community.
Tech By Her Accelerator 2020 is a 3-month industry-agnostic program for ten female Africa founders of early-stage tech companies in Nigeria, Kenya, and Ghana. The Tech By Her Accelerator 2020 kicks off with an interactive session, introducing fellows to their mentors and orienting participants on what they can expect from the program.
It presents the opportunity for female-led tech ventures in Africa to become globally competitive and sustainable brands. It is influenced by MEST with the backing of “Make-IT in Africa”, a tech entrepreneurship initiative.
Selected participants of the Tech By Her Accelerator program (founders) will meet in Accra, Ghana after the orientation, for a ten-day boot camp, with all expenses paid.
- Comprehensive coaching and training
- Participants will get access to industry leaders and experts from across the continent
- A participant will benefit from the supportive community of leading female entrepreneurs.
- The participants will be invited to the alumni network of successful female entrepreneurs.
- Participant gets an expansive network of tech experts.
- Will engage in two Intensive Boot Camps in Accra, Ghana, with all expenses paid.
- Will be exposed to three months of major mentoring and coaching.
- Participant gets media publicity and visibility through MEST social media pages, websites and partner media.
Ten best and most impactful female entrepreneurs will be selected from Ghana, Nigeria, and Kenya.
- You must be a founder/co-founder of your organisation, female and available to participate fully in all aspects of the program.
- You must be an early-stage startup and have achieved commercialisation and monetisation phase.
- Your venture must be technology-based or have technology as the core enabler of the business.
- You must have been running operations for at least one (1) year before applying for this program and have a live product or service on the market.
- You must be a citizen of Africa or resident and have registered the business in one of the three operational countries (Ghana, Nigeria, and Kenya).
- Should have evidence of revenue and a clearly exhibited potential to scale.
- Should be a business model with social influence, i.e. with a solution to a problem as outlined in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (locally and/or globally)
- You must be willing to organize at least one (1) community event in your operational country with support from the local MEST office.
- You must be willing, as a founder, to be an ambassador of the program and of tech entrepreneurship, encouraging and motivating other females in the entrepreneurial space.
March 13, 2020: Application portal closes
March 14-15, 2020: Get shortlisted
March 16, 2020: Application portal closes: Selection Panel Sits
March 17-19, 2020: Interviews
March 20, 2020: Announcement of Selected Candidates
How to apply
Female entrepreneurs can start their application immediately via online before it closes on Friday, March 13, 2020.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected]