The Zayed Sustainability Prize 2020 was launched in 2008 as the Zayed Future Energy Prize at the World Future Energy Summit, to honour the father of UAE’s Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan for its sustainability legacy.
Evolving from the Zayed Future Energy Prize as a more inclusive name to reflect a broadening scope that could be aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the UAE’s National Agenda 2021.
Although the prize still remains committed to rewarding innovative, impactful and inspirational solutions that make this world a better place. From inception, the total prize funds of US$ 3 million is distributed amongst five distinct award categories: health, food, energy, water and global high school.
- The Zayed Sustainability Prize 2020 is open to all entrants other than Board members and employees of Masdar; and anyone who has been involved in organising, promoting or judging the Prize
- Masdar, the Selection Committee and the Jury reserve the right and have full discretion to reject or not select any submission for any reason that damage the reputation of the Prize
- First Stage: A reputed international research and analysis consultancy firm conduct due diligence on all our submissions received and ensure that each entry meets the submission standards with criteria score awarded accordingly
- Second Stage: A Selection Committee, is sub-divided per category by the member’s technical knowledge, to evaluate and score the shortlisted candidates at this stage
- Third Stage: At this stage, the Jury meets, in person, to deliberate the entries and select the winner in each category. The final decision must be unanimous
How to apply
Keen candidates can make their mark by applying online today, as submissions are open until Thursday, May 21, 2020.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].