ANPI hunts for young African entrepreneurs to win $1.5m in the 2020 Africa’s Business Heroes Competition
Africa’s Business Heroes (ABH) prize competition and the show is organised by the Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative (ANPI). The aim is to identify, support and inspire the next generation of African entrepreneurs who are making a difference in their local communities, working to solve the most pressing problems, and building a more sustainable and inclusive economy for the future.
ANPI is the Jack Ma Foundation’s flagship philanthropic programme in Africa, that aims to give entrepreneurs across Africa a platform to develop their talent and business ideas, and inspire others to pursue entrepreneurship.
For the second time in edition, Africa’s Business Heroes prize competition will see ten finalists that will be selected to compete in a finale pitch competition show to share a prize pool of $1.5 million, as well as gain access to the ANPI community of business leaders to leverage the community’s shared expertise, best practice, training and resources.
- Africans from all 54 African countries are eligible to apply irrespective of age, industry sector or gender
- Applicant should be the Founder or Co-Founder of the company
- The applicant should be of African origin. You have/had African citizenship and/or a parent or grandparent has African citizenship
- The business is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa
- Business is 3 years old or more and has at least 3 years of revenue history
- Applications are open in French and English
- All required questions marked must be answered
- Be concise. Stay within the word limits
- Shoot and upload an introductory video
- An award of $1.5 million shared amongst the finalists
- The Heroes get the chance to tell Africa and the world their story as they are exposed to significant publicity and media coverage
- The Top 10 Heroes are offered training at Alibaba’s headquarters via the prestigious eFounders fellowship training programme where they get access to bespoke training and accelerator services
- Heroes are opened to mentorship opportunity by renowned business leaders including the Finale and Semi-Finale judges
- Heroes are provided with the opportunity to network at the ANPI summit and other ANPIs’ gatherings
How to apply
Applications are open for interested African entrepreneurs till Tuesday, June 9th, 2020.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].