Aptive Capital — an investment organisation that provides capital, coaching and community for social impact-driven startups and entrepreneurs — is calling on early-stage businesses in Africa; Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Egypt and Ethiopia.
Launched in 2020, arising from the funding gap as a result of the pandemic, Aptive Capital is a US-based $1m portfolio fund committed to supporting entrepreneurs and innovators dedicated to social impact within their community.
The fund is given to support, coach and increase the social impact of early-stage entrepreneurs and innovators who are changing the norm and creating social impact within their society.
With base and partners in the United States and Nigeria, Aptive looks to invest in, and support the acceleration of 100 African startups in the next 5 years.
Consequently, to better understand your model and team fit on a rolling basis, 25 startups and businesses will be invited for one-on-one Zoom pitch. Following this, 10 selected startups will make it to the finals.
Therefore, if your innovation is listed in one of the following categories or technologies, you should apply.
- Digital storytelling, eLearning, Precision farming, Access to market, Access to finance, Digital payment, Supply chain management, Food delivery, Animal and crops health, Soil fertility, Logistic and transport, eCommerce, Gamification, Big data, Data analysis, Open data, Data protection, Data Security, Cybersecurity, Crowdsourcing, Building digital expertise for farmers (eSkills, e-Literacy).
- Internet of things, Big data analysis systems, SMS-services, Virtual /augmented reality, 3D-printing, Robotics, Apps programmes, Database, Blockchain, Monitoring, Social media, Web platforms, GIS (Geo-Information Systems)/Mapping, Artificial intelligence (AI), Controlling systems, Digital learning software (eLearning system, MOOC platforms, open educational resources), Precision farming (chipcards, sensors, drones/ remote sensing system), Information-management systems (IMS).
- Your business must have an MVP for a tech startup and ongoing business for non-tech
- Application is open to any business operating in Africa
- Founders don’t necessarily need to have a background in tech
- You must be a part of a team with at least two founders
- Your business must be registered and primarily operate in Africa.
Why you should apply
The final five (5) selected viable startups and businesses will receive $10, 000 investment for equity each through a virtual pitch which will happen between June 15 and 19 2020.
How to apply
- Do a 30-60 seconds video to introduce your startup, the problem, the solution you are providing and the social impact it has on your community
- Upload the video on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and tag @aptivecapital with hashtag #aptive #10kinvestment #Africa #mysolution
- Ensure you are following these handles @aptivecapital and @onekioskafrica @benxpeter @ajadewumi to qualify.
Deadline for application is 23:59hours (11:59 pm) GMT+1 on June 10, 2020, and this will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We’ve partnered with Sidebrief, a Legal compliance company to help as many as possible businesses access and get the necessary document for the FG N50bn Covid-19 credit facility. Interested? Get started for free.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].