Apply now for the Waislitz global citizen awards 2020 to win $250,000 cash prize
Each year, Waislitz Global Citizen Awards organises prizes for praiseworthy individuals who work hard to end extreme poverty. This year, the Waislitz global citizen foundation will distribute $250,000 among four winners who excel in the criteria outlined by the foundation.
The Foundation is aimed at creating a positive social impact through innovative projects that enable individuals to meet their full potential and make a difference in the world at large.
Also Read: Participate to win ₦250,000 in the Union Bank Rise Challenge 2020
“Ending extreme poverty is not a choice, it’s an obligation. My hope is that it will inspire many thousands of people around the world to do what they can to improve the living standards of those in dire need”, said Chairman and Founder of the Melbourne-based Waislitz Foundation, Alex Waislitz.
- $100,000: Waislitz global citizen award (grand prize)
- $50,000: the Waislitz global citizen disruptor award
- $50,000: the Waislitz global citizen’s choice award
- $50,000: the Waislitz global citizen COVID-19 response award
- The four winners will be featured on the global citizen platform and social media
Due to COVID-19, there will not be an award ceremony in 2020.
All applicants will be evaluated based on individual merit including the following key areas:
- Global citizenship: how does the applicant illustrate by example the values and practices of a global citizen
- Proof of concept: does the applicant have one or two years experience on creating a strong impact towards ending extreme poverty
- Disruption: has the individual made an innovative impact that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to exist
- Scalability: how would the Waislitz global citizen award enable the applicant to improve their work
- Adaptability: can the applicant prove by examples their ability to adapt and evolve to changing conditions
- The grand prize Waislitz global citizen award will be awarded to an applicant based on the criteria listed above
- The Waislitz global citizen disruptor award will be awarded to an individual who outshines in the “disruption” criteria
- The Waislitz global citizen’s choice will be selected with input from public online voting
- The Waislitz global citizen Covid-19 response award will be awarded to an applicant who excels in the “adaptability” criteria and has implemented a new program that addresses the effect of COVID-19
How to apply
Visit the official site of Waislitz global citizen awards to apply. Application closes Sunday, June 21, 2020.
We’ve partnered with Sidebrief, a Legal compliance company to help as many as possible businesses access and get the necessary document for the FG N50bn Covid-19 credit facility. Interested? Get started for free.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].