As a way to show appreciation for the economic performance, contribution and determination of women towards the growth of Africa, the African Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Awards recognises them annually. These women have made a considerable difference in their countries, and on the continent.
This year isn’t an exception. The AWIEF Awards 2020 cover emerging and established entrepreneurship in the private and non-profit sectors. The candidates are women who have displayed extraordinary vision and inspiration in their businesses.
The AWIEF Awards 2020 involves either self-nomination or nominating someone else. The awards are in the following categories :
- Young entrepreneur award: A young female entrepreneur under the age of 35 who has demonstrated outstanding entrepreneurial spirit and skills to build and sustain a thriving business will be bestowed this award
- Creative industry award: This award recognises the exceptional and entrepreneurial excellence of females in the film, music, food, beauty, art, fashion, advertising, design or crafts industry
- Tech entrepreneur award: A female entrepreneur who has used science and technology to create an innovative business, offering new knowledge, services, products or solutions will get this award
- Agric entrepreneur award: A woman who has achieved recognition and business success in the field of agriculture earns this award
- Social entrepreneur award: This award goes to a woman who has made an impact on the society
- Energy entrepreneur award: This award goes to a woman in the oil and gas sector who creates an impact on energy in the country
- Empowerment award: A woman who has empowered other females by inspiring them receives this award
- Lifetime achievement award: This award is given to an established female entrepreneur who has made prolonged success in business, a role model for other women
- Open to Women entrepreneurs
- A female can be nominated for more than one category
- Nominees can be nominated or self-nominated
- The nomination should only be done based on the achievements of a female entrepreneur with a registered business
How to apply
- Visit the official website of AWIEF Awards 2020
- Register an entrant profile by clicking “if you are a new user, please click here” in the top right corner of the page
- Start your nomination
- Submit your entry for your nomination
The application deadline is Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
We’ve partnered with Sidebrief, a Legal compliance company to help as many as possible businesses access and get the necessary document for the FG N50bn Covid-19 credit facility. Interested? Get started for free.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected]