African Women Development Fund (AWDF) is awarding grants to African women’s rights organisations to support activities that deal with mental health and emotional wellbeing for women living with HIV and AIDS on World AIDS Day 2020.
World AIDS Day (WAD) grants programme was instituted by the African Women Development Fund to remind duty bearers and society at large to keep the focus on treatment, prevention of HIV and provide care and support to women living with HIV and AIDS.
Applicants are to send in innovative strategies that can help address issues of HIV and AIDS among women.
Nature of project
- Innovations that involve the use of technology, arts, culture, and sports to create awareness and elevate the voice of women around HIV and AIDS
- Projects that educates key stakeholders on the challenges faced by women living with HIV and AIDS
- Create collective spaces for care that affirm and build the confidence of women living with AIDS
- Activities that hold duty bearers accountable for addressing HIV, AIDS, mental and emotional issues
- Movements that set the agenda for addressing the drivers causing mental health illnesses in women living with HIV and AIDS
- should have been in business for at least 3 years
- need to be duly registered
- must be led by a woman and focus on women’s rights
- must complete the necessary application forms
- are required to have the needed organisational structure to implement the project
- annual budget shouldn’t be more than $100,000
- should be highly recommended by a donor agency, grantee or partner of AWDF
- financial management system should be able to properly account for funds received
- Grant up to $2000 will be granted to the successful applicant organisation
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply online before Monday, July 13, 2020.
We’ve partnered with Sidebrief, a Legal compliance company to help as many as possible businesses access and get the necessary document for the FG N50bn Covid-19 credit facility. Interested? Get started for free.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected]