A chance for socially-driven startups to participate in the Seedstars Migration Challenge 2020
Seedstars Migration Challenge 2020 is on the hunt for innovative and socially driven early-stage Human resources, FinTech, CivicTech and EdTech startups with solution-oriented products to bridge communication gaps in global migration systems.
Seedstar declares itself to be the leading emerging market startup community and investor. It works in partnership with the International Organisation of Employers (IOE) and Business Advisory Group of Migration, the private sector that provides input to the global migration debate taking place across a range of platforms including at the Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD).
The solutions should assist with better matching of employment sectors facing skills shortages with trained regular migrant workers. It should also provide a medium for the government to share information and best practices to improve their policies. More so, the solutions should provide migrant workers with access to financial, educational and labour mobility services.
- The startup must be an existing solution under four years of existence
- The organisation must be a pre-seed, seed or early-stage startup with a minimum viable product (MVP)
- The startup must have a maximum of $500,000 of funding to date
- Primary users of the product should be government, employers and migrant workers
- An opportunity to represent your country in the contest
- It paves the way to network with other entrepreneurs involved in the Seedstars Migration Challenge 2020
- World-class mentoring on migration debate
- Inspirational discussions that will bolster your confidence as a startup
- Application process closes Tuesday, August 25, 2020
- Finalists to be announced September 2020
- Winner to be chosen January 2021- finalist will pitch for the prize during the 13th GFMD Summit to be held in Dubai in January 2021
- Winner to take part in Global Seedstars’ Summit April 2021
How to apply
- Application is done online via Seedstars Migration Challenge 2020
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected]