FCMB launches Agritech EPIC Pitch: Apply for a chance to win ₦1.5million grant
First City Monument Bank (FCMB) is playing its part in growing the agricultural technology sector and providing early to growth-stage entrepreneurs with the prerequisite resources to grow and scale their Agritech businesses.
FCMB partners with Passion Incubator to launch the FCMB Agritech EPIC Pitch 2020 themed “Redefining and repositioning agricultural value chains during and post the COVID-19 era”. This conference will bring together virtually, global experts to discuss and share insights on agricultural value chains.
Rolayo Akhigbe, Divisional Head of Transaction Banking, FCMB explains the purpose of the programme, “We are passionate about supporting Nigeria’s tech ecosystem and this initiative is one of the ways through which we are building and accelerating the growth of the Agritech startups in Nigeria, as well as the larger African continent…”
Kudzai Gumunyu, Divisional Head, Agric Business further explains: “This initiative plays an important role in helping young and driven Nigerian entrepreneurs grow their Agric-focused business. This mission would eventually build investible, sustainable, and scalable AgriTech businesses that can contribute to the nation’s employment rate as well as the growth of the nation’s GDP.”
FCMB Agritech Epic Pitch invites agricultural startups to participate in its programme. It is focused on these agricultural value chain solutions: processing/production/storage, agricultural finance, agricultural marketing, and supply chain. Due to the pandemic, this year’s edition would be a virtual engagement.
- The programme will support two Agritech startups with ₦1.5million grant
- Access to workspace
- Market and network that stimulates innovation
- Collaboration and business growth
- Mentor support
- Access to Passion Incubator’s resources, partner organisation support and business development services
- The programme is open to Agritech startups in Africa using technology to solve problems in the agricultural sector
How to apply
- Fill an online form on FCMB Agritech Epic Pitch portal
- Send a mail to [email protected] for more enquiries
The application deadline is Friday, July 24, 2020
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected]