Are you a female-led startup? Apply for WeBloom Africa Programme 2020
WeBloom Africa Programme 2020 is currently open for interested female-led enterprises. The organisation seeks to invest in female-led enterprises in the industries of circular economy, sustainable agriculture and renewable energy to reshape the future of not only investment in Africa but also leadership in African enterprises.
WeBloom’s intent to promote gender equity in Africa is achieved through:
- Facilitating investments in African women-owned enterprises
- Encouraging investment in African enterprises that promote workplace equity (in staffing, management board room representation and supply chains)
- Supporting women-led enterprises with sustainable business model development and institutional pairing.
- An African woman running a registered impact-driven business
- Female-led enterprises ready to scale and deepen their solution in a specific region
- The startup must be part of a team with at least two founders
- Organisations must be seeking funding.
- You get to receive feedback on your current business model, market opportunities, potential growth strategies, and support with new marketing and sales approaches
- You will be matched with potential partners and investors in and around WeBloom’s ecosystem
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse database of African Women Leading Innovation which will give participating entrepreneurs access to further resources and growth opportunities
- The winning startup will be awarded $2000.
- About 25 startups will be invited for a one-on-one zoom pitch to better understand your model and team fit on a rolling basis from Tuesday, September 1, 2020
- Only 10 startups will be selected for the finals
- Five selected viable businesses will be onboarded as WeBloom’s second cohort of bloomers
- A winner will be awarded $2000.
How to apply
- Fill an online form via WeBloom Africa Programme 2020 portal
- Create a 30-60 seconds video introducing your startup, a problem, the solution you are providing as well as the social impact it has on your community
- Upload the video on Facebook or Twitter and tag @webloom using hashtags #WeBloom #InvestorReady #Africa #AfricanWomenLeadingInnovation
- Interested female-led enterprises should apply on or before Sunday, August 30, 2020.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].