ITC SheTrades programme 2020: Apply to enter the international market
International Trade Centre (ITC) SheTrades and Twill by Maersk have joined forces to implement a brand new coaching programme. It is open to female entrepreneurs in Nigeria, Kenya, India and Mexico.
The programme will help participating female entrepreneurs upscale their businesses and make an entry into the international market.
SheTrades believes women’s economic empowerment is not a matter for government policy, the private sector or social change alone, they all have critical roles to play. This is why ITC SheTrades programme 2020 is launched with the aim of connecting three million women entrepreneurs to market by 2021.
During the four-week pilot phase in April 2020, four of Twill’s Netherlands-based entrepreneurs were paired with four of SheTrades women-owned businesses from Nigeria and Kenya. Together, they explored different areas of support as well as new ones along the way.
- Applicants must be looking to enter international trade or get support to upscale their current import/export capacity
- Open to only women in Nigeria, Kenya, India, and Mexico
- Only registered SheTrades members are eligible to become part of the programme
- Your company would preferably be operating in one of these sectors: agribusiness, artisanal, beauty and wellness, culture, education, energy, environment, financial services, health, housing development, infrastructure, and development.
- Successful applicants will be matched with a Twill coach to work on an eight-week project to improve an area of their business
- Access to a range of local, regional and global investors
- Access to capacity-building activities and technical assistance from ITC
- Improved competitiveness and understanding of business practices, trade and investment.
How to apply
- The application should be done on the portal of ITC SheTrades programme 2020
- For further enquiries, send an email to [email protected]
The application deadline is Friday, August 21, 2020
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected]