Designed to create an opportunity for brave young minds to develop innovative solutions, Hack Ur Culture is a virtual platform, bringing galleries, libraries, archives, museums and tech lovers together. The goal is to enable participants to leverage open cultural data while enhancing collaboration and innovation.
Hack Ur Culture, through its virtual platform, seeks to project the African cultural heritage to the forefront of virtual experiences, as well as make it more open and accessible to participants.
Who can participate?
Teams of three to five members, with enthusiastic young professionals in the creative and cultural industries including;
- Game developers
- App developers
- Media makers
Applicants can register solely but will be given team members who also registered individually.
- The winning team earns a spot to participate in the Coding Da Vinci hackathon taking place in Germany in 2021
- Supporting awards for impressive projects that will receive exciting cash/product prizes to be announced in the coming weeks
- Winning projects will be featured in the Fak’ugesi 2020 exhibition
- You must be over the age of 18
- You must come from Sub-Saharan Africa
- You must be fluent in English
- You must have stable access to the internet
How to apply
The Hackathon will begin on September 24, 2020, and will run for a period of three weeks.
Final project submission deadline is October 18, 2020, at 11:59 pm after which a virtual prize-giving to announce the winners will take place.
If you’re interested, you may begin your application via the website. Deadline is Thursday, September 10, 2020.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].