Participate in the Ekiti enterprise challenge to win ₦1 million grant
A social impact pitch competition, Ekiti enterprise challenge is designed to be an annual event for talented and innovative entrepreneurs who reside and are established in Ekiti communities.
The competition is for individuals with business ideas who have the potential to create decent work and sustainable jobs, grow exponentially and scale beyond Ekiti local market to a national and global level.
The challenge seeks to identify, discover, support and mentor creative and innovative young Ekiti entrepreneurs.
It will be held during the UN Global Entrepreneurship Week between Monday, November 16 to Sunday, November 22, 2020.
The winning enterprise will receive a grant of ₦1 million while 3 runner ups will be awarded consolation prizes of ₦500,000, ₦300,000, and ₦200,000 respectively.
- Business must be established and resident in Ekiti state
- Applicants must be between 18 to 35 years of age
- Business must be at least 12 months old and already generating revenue
- Business must have the potential for exponential growth
- Business must have been registered with CAC and have a corporate bank account with a corporate governance structure
- Clarity business model with leadership capacity to deliver the proposed business value proposition
Business must be within the following categories:
- Innovation technology
- Agriculture and food processing
- Fashion designing
- Tourism and hospitality
- Art and crafts
- Shoes and leather work production
- Furniture and upholstery
- Interior designs & decorations
- Confectioneries and event management
- Entertainment and music productions
- Green enterprises, waste management and recycling
How to apply
Eligible and interested applicants should visit the website to apply. Deadline for application is Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].