The Silicon Valley Global Ventures (SVG Ventures), an investment, technology and advisory firm that invests in early-stage technology companies, has organised a challenge for startups in the agribusiness sector.
Themed “THRIVE Africa Challenge”, the programme seeks to provide sustainable solutions to problems in the African agri-food industry, accelerate development of the ecosystem, and select the best startups and scale-ups for investment and global recognition.
Winning company receives the following:
- THRIVE Africa challenge award
- Advancement to the finals of the Global THRIVE Accelerator Programme, with an opportunity to be selected for the THRIVE VII Cohort
- Silicon Valley Startup Bootcamp, equivalent of $15k value total, including travel, food, and accommodation
- Investment and opportunity to pitch at THRIVE|Forbes Demo Day 2021 in Salinas, CA, USA
- Recognition by SVG THRIVE
- Automatic acceptance as a Samsung XTC Finalist
Entrepreneurs receive the following benefits:
- Promotion of innovation and recognition of the most promising agri-food companies in Africa
- Exposure to local and international investors and organisations
- Acceleration and attraction of the agri-food innovation ecosystem to the continent, bringing together key organisations
- Announcement in THRIVE social media, website and newsletter
Seed to Series A technology-focused startups in the following areas:
- Food safety
- Indoor farming
- Farm management
- Sensing and IoT
- Animal health and livestock
- Robotics and automation
- Innovative food (ingredient innovation)
- Big data and predictive analytics
- Supply chain management and traceability
- Packaging and freshness solutions
How to apply
Be among the best startups and scale-ups to be selected for investment and global recognition. Apply via the website before the deadline on Friday, November 6, 2020.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].