Designed to highlight and support the pioneering works of young entrepreneurs in the healthcare sector, the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award has launched its first competition for innovators.
The programme seeks to encourage business entrepreneurs in the advancement of sustainable healthcare solutions so as to support and empower health workers.
Therefore, the programme is focused on innovative healthcare solutions aimed at supporting, protecting, and empowering healthcare workers through solutions like training programmes, providing protective equipment or improving the quality of healthcare.
Winners of the Award would receive the following:
- Total financial support of $75,000
- First prize award of $40,000
- Second prize award of $20,000
- Third prize award of $15,000
- 3-month business mentorship programme from leading entrepreneurs
- Technical support with Intellectual Property protection, if relevant
- Exposure and recognition from global healthcare leaders and the public
To be eligible for the programme:
- You must be between the ages of 18 to 35
- You must be a citizen of an African country
- You must be able to show that your inventive healthcare solution is scalable, measurable and makes a lasting impact for healthcare workers
- Your innovation must be commercially viable and at least at the proof of concept stage
How to apply
Do you have what it takes to win $75,000 in the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award? Then apply before the deadline on Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].