Designed as a tribute to the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, and his sustainability legacy, Zayed Sustainability Prize was launched in 2008 by H.H. Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, at the World Future Energy Summit.
So far, the programme has rewarded innovators and visionaries whose achievements have furthered the global proliferation of innovative, impactful and inspirational sustainability solutions.
Recognising pioneering solutions and technologies that can change the world, over 352 million people have been directly or indirectly impacted by the sustainability solutions and school projects of the 86 recipients of the prize winners since the first awards ceremony in 2009.
The programme includes five categories from which winners will emerge. They include health, food, energy, water and global high schools. Winners in each category will receive $600,000, totaling $3 million, and six global high schools will receive $100,000 each.
- The Zayed Sustainability Prize is open to applicants from America, Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East and North Africa, Europe and Central Asia, South Asia, East Asia and Pacific
- Board members and employees of Masdar are not eligible
- Anyone who has been involved in organising, promoting or judging the Prize is not eligible
- Applications that can damage the reputation of the Prize, the UAE, Abu Dhabi or Masdar, or bring the Prize, the UAE, Abu Dhabi or Masdar into disrepute would be rejected
- The decision of the Selection Committee, the Jury or Masdar shall be final and no follow up correspondence shall be replied to
How to apply
Do you have a sustainable solution in the mentioned sectors? Boost your innovative skills and expand your mind. Apply via the website before the deadline on Thursday, May 6, 2021.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].