The oil and gas sector, well known to be a major contributor to the growth of the Nigerian economy, still leads in its entirety. Although Nigeria is known to be the largest oil and gas producer in Africa and the sixth-largest in the world, there is still a need for further strategies ensuring a sustainable sector, hence, the NAREP Oil and Gas Media Fellowship 2021.
The Natural Resource and Extractive Programme (NAREP) is an initiative put forward by the Premium Times Centre for Investigative Journalism (PTCIJ). In a bid to enhance the oil and gas sector, the programme seeks to empower journalists, media professionals, researchers and analysts to put together innovative and resilient ideas that would thrive.
The goal is to advance natural resource journalism in Nigeria, by strengthening the capacity of media and civil society, ensuring transparency and accountability in the extractive sector. This will further enhance media and civil society collaboration for adequate report and highlight of activities and issues in the industry, setting agenda for the government in designing strategies for revenue diversification by looking beyond oil.
Successful applicants are entitled to the following benefits:
- Training and Mentorship opportunities
- Access to data and resources in the oil and gas industry
- ₦100,000 monthly stipend
- Media appearances on topical oil and gas issues
Applications are open to:
- Journalists, media professionals, researchers and analysts in the oil and gas sector
- Female journalists
- Applicants living with disabilities
- Pitches must be centered around the oil and gas sector
- Individuals with relevant experience in investigative reporting, data, or policy analysis
How to apply
Be among the sustainability and resilient builders in the oil and gas sector. Apply for the NAREP Oil and Gas Media Fellowship 2021 before the deadline on Sunday, February 14, 2021.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].