Built on innovation, the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) is focused on establishing a resilient foundation for the agglomeration of business leaders with a drive to succeed, while ensuring economically, environmentally and socially sustainable change in businesses.
The programme seeks to broaden the understanding of current and prospective leaders, in terms of complexity and unpredictability of imminent global challenges and opportunities. Hence, a sustainable and innovative attitude towards the world at large.
The programme is built on Sweden’s prominent position in innovation and sustainable business and its connection to the global economy. It provides methods, concepts and practical applications from leading experts in the key aspects of sustainability.
- An exclusive suite of workshops, lectures and visits with highly-acclaimed speakers selected specifically for their competence, clarity, and high level of audience engagement
- A thorough understanding of the principles of sustainable business with a focus on human rights, climate and the environment, decent working conditions and anti-corruption
- A strong set of skills to drive change in your own organisation through responsible leadership
- Knowledge to let you work with Design Thinking as a method to develop creative and sustainable solutions to complex problems
- A network of leaders who are committed to sustainable business and responsible leadership with whom you will grow and learn from to build lasting business relationships
- Insights into business cases for sustainability in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- The opportunity to grow and develop in the programme’s focus areas
Applicants who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- You aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy
- You are in a leading position within trade, industry or the public sector
- You have a mandate to influence the strategy for your organisation
- You want to share and build on the competences and knowledge you gain from the programme within your organisation
- You are willing to support your fellow participants and share your experience and knowledge with them
- You are between 25 and 45 years old
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- You have a post-secondary education
- You are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia
- You are keen to take part in a highly interactive online course and look forward to connecting digitally
How to apply
Having gone through the eligibility requirements, and you’re fit to apply, without further time wastage, submit your application for the SIMP Africa before the deadline on Sunday, March 21, 2021.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].