Focused on building innovative minds through training in business, communications and software development, Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology‘s (MEST Africa) 12-month graduate-level programme for aspiring entrepreneurs across the African continent is about to kick off.
Including experienced experts from universities around the world such as Oxford, Stanford, Harvard, the programme offers entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to be mentored by real-life entrepreneurs, CEOs and other executives from across the globe. Also, guest lectures from executives of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung, Interswitch among others, has been one of the gains in the programme.
So far, MEST has invested over $22 million in training over 350 individual entrepreneurs and funded over 60 software companies across Africa. Graduate entrepreneurs from the programme have developed solutions addressing local, regional and global markets, received follow-on funding from global investors, and gotten into top accelerator programmes such as Y-combinator, 500 startups and TechStars.
- Extensive hands-on project work, followed by a final pitch, and the chance to receive seed investment to scale in businesses
- Networking with experienced mentors
- Global acceleration and recognition
- Aspiring software entrepreneurs between the ages of 18-35
- Software entrepreneurs with a zeal to build tech startups that solve global issues in Africa
Applicants must possess the following:
- A degree from a top university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred)
- Deep skills in either communications, business or software development (from the onset or acquired during the Pre-Learning stage)
- Zeal about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to leverage technology to achieve business results
- Commitment to a full residential programme for a whole year
- Discipline, self motivation and willingness to work and deliver on assignments and projects
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
How to apply
Do you have a zeal for entrepreneurship and business growth? Do you have all it takes to participate in the MEST Africa Entrepreneurial Training Programme 2021/22? Apply before the deadline on Friday, April 30, 2021.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].