Apply: Scale your CleanTech Startup, Energy Projects via Energy Investment Village
Are you a cleantech startup or energy project based in Africa? Are you looking for an opportunity to make your venture known to the investment world? Then the Energy Investment Village (EIV) is the perfect programme for you!
Organized by Green Energy Africa Summit, EIV is a pitching event designed to bridge the gap between African cleantech startups, energy projects, and investors. It is a programme for African energy entrepreneurs to present their business ideas, receive feedback, and gain visibility and traction from investors.
Scheduled to take place on Wednesday, October 11, 2023, at the Green Energy Africa Summit in CTICC2, South Africa, the Energy Investment Village includes partnerships from Saldanha Bay Innovation Campus, RIIS, Anza Capital and AfIDA.
Energy Investment Village (EIV) assures the following benefits:
- Global acceleration and recognition
- Extensive hands-on project work (investors)
- Networking with experienced mentors
- Access to a community of international business leaders and innovators, industry experts, investors and accelerators
To be able to participate in the programme, the following criteria, first for startups and then for large energy projects, must be met:
- You must be an African citizen
- You should be the founder or co-founder of your company
- Your company must be registered and based in an African country
- You must be in the early stage of rolling out your cleantech project
- At the minimum, you will have a prototype that has been tested in the relevant environment
- You have a team and business experience
- You need funding to further scale your operational business and are willing to solve for a cleaner, sustainable future for South Africa and Africa strategically
For large-scale energy projects:
- You must be a viable African infrastructure project (between 20 and 100 megawatts) requiring finance to get your project off the ground
- You must have passed feasibility studies, permitting and municipal buy-in; have offtake agreements and know how many megawatts you’ll be putting into the grid
- You should be solving for a cleaner, sustainable future for South Africa and Africa
How To Apply
Do you have what it takes to pitch before a panel of judges and a room full of potential investors? Apply to scale your business via the Energy Investment Village programme.