Do you have an outstanding business venture? Get it nominated in the UNDP Growth Stage Impact Ventures (GSIV) 2020 programme
The Growth Stage Impact Ventures (GSIV) 2020 for SDGs is an initiative organised by UNDP, EPFL, Tech4Impact, Orange and SAP. It invites mature impact ventures in low and middle-income countries with a catalytic potential that can drive both large impacts and yield to participate in the programme.
The aim of the Growth Stage Impact Ventures (GSIV) initiative is to identify and promote 12 ventures that contribute to fighting inequality and empower susceptible people in areas such as increasing access to quality health care, affordable and clean water, reducing and recovering waste.
- Selected ventures will be invited to pitch during the SDG finance Geneva summit 2021
- They will receive broad exposure during and after the meeting
- Opportunity to access a wide network of decision-makers interested in learning about your innovations and plans to scale up
- Travel costs will be covered
- An established business model and strong financial record
- An enterprise with a unique factor such as intellectual property or a clear unique selling proposition
- A business that has closed Series A deal worth $500,000 or more
- A corporation with audited accounts
- An enterprise that has made a positive social or environmental impact
- Mission-driven enterprises
- A business that has contributed to the achievement of more than one SDG in an integrated way
- Enterprises that have indicated that they are scalable
- Nominations may be made by third parties such as accelerators, impact funds, family offices, international organisations or governments
- Nominations must be in the English language
- Self-nomination by enterprises isn’t accepted
- Initial screening to ensure compliance with eligibility criteria
- Shortlisting of 24 impact ventures based on details provided by third parties
- Evaluation by a technical committee of the shortlisted ventures with the aim of reducing to 12 ventures
- Final selection of the 12 ventures by an advisory board who may decide to recommend fewer ventures
How to apply
- Visit the website of Growth Stage Impact Ventures (GSIV) to nominate a venture
The application deadline is Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
We’ve partnered with Sidebrief, a Legal compliance company to help as many as possible businesses access and get the necessary document for the FG N50bn Covid-19 credit facility. Interested? Get started for free.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].