Technovation Challenge 2019 for Girls Worldwide ($10,000 + Trip to San Francisco)
Technovation Challenge is a global technology entrepreneurship programme for girls, which offers young women around the world the opportunity to learn the necessary skills to become tech entrepreneurs and leaders.
Nearly 20,000 girls around the world registered to participate in Technovation 2018, building apps and starting businesses that solve problems in their communities. The 2018 Gold Scholarship winners were Team Cantavits, from India, for their app Eedo, developed to help address improper e-waste disposal.
IT is Technovation’s believe that:
Every girl can be a technology entrepreneur with the right resources
Technovaiton Challenge is open to girls around the world who are ready to change the world through technology, curious, creative, determined, and have ideas plus the courage to explore them.
Selected girls will either join a team to create, build and sell an app that addresses a problem in your community, or support a team that does.
Eligibility & Age Divisions
To be eligible to participate in Technovation as a student, you must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2019, and identify as female.
To be fully registered, you must form or join a team. Teams can range in size from 1-5 girls. No more than 5 girls are allowed to join a team. You can only join one team. Your team’s division – Junior or Senior – depends on the age of all team members.
- Junior Division: Team members are between 10-14 years old as of August 1, 2019
- Senior Division: Team members are between 15-18 years old as of August 1, 2019
- In order to participate, all students must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2019
- All students must identify as female. No males can enter the competition
- Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. No more than 5 students are allowed to join a team
- Students can only join 1 team
- Divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team
- Note: These are the general rules for Technovation mentors. Please check with your local Regional Ambassador if there any rules that are specific to your region.
- Mentors must be over the age of 18 unless special permission is granted from Technovation.
- Mentors can be Technovation alumni.
- Mentors can join more than one team.
- In order to submit, mentors will need to complete their profile which includes:
- Consent form
- Background Check (if applicable)
- Bio completed
- Mentors/adults cannot write/produce any part of the submission for the students. This includes writing the code, writing the business plan, or producing the pitch video/demo video.
- Mentors cannot take credit for students’ work, use students’ work to their advantage, or copy/reproduce ideas without the explicit permission of all team members.
- Mentors may be allowed to become virtual judges but will not be allowed to judge submissions from their region.
- Mentors cannot receive any part of the student’s prize money if their team wins. It is intended for students only.