Y Combinator is currently accepting applications for its summer 2019 funding cycle for startups. The American seed accelerator, which started in March 2005 and has all through the years spawned a number of highly successful companies and is consistently ranked at the top of U.S. accelerators. This years’ circle will take place in Mountain View, CA from June–August 2019.
- Reimburse of reasonable travel expenses.
- We decide what startups to fund after each day of interviews.
- If invested in, the company’s founding team is expected to move to the Bay Area for June–August 2019. (You can, of course, relocate the company afterwards if you want, but it’s a good place for a startup to be).
- During the 3 month cycle, there will be dinners every Tuesday for all the founders. At each dinner, an expert would be invited in some aspect of startups to speak.
- Regular office hours year round for startups who want to talk about what they’re building, or get advice on dealing with investors.
- During and after the 3 months startups would be introduced individually to people who could help them.
- About 11 weeks in, an event dubbed Demo Day would be organised at which the startups would present to a carefully selected, invite-only audience.
YC doesn’t really end after 3 months; only the dinners do. However, the team would continue to advise and make introductions as long as the startups need—-and so does the informal network of YC-funded companies.
- Companies from anywhere in the world doing everything from building mobile apps to diagnosing cancer.
- Companies that just started and have nothing more than an idea.
- Companies that had over $20M in annual revenue and over 50 employees
- An international company incorporated as a non-United States company (other than China), will need to convert their foreign company into a United States corporation (usually with a foreign subsidiary). While lawyers will drive this process, it will require a significant effort on your part.
- Have at least 10% equity in the startup to be considered a founder by Y Combinator.
- Only founders can attend interviews if invited or attend batch events if accepted.
Interested applicants can submit their application online by 8 pm PT on or before Monday, March 25, 2019. Startups that submit early have a small advantage because more time would be spent to read their applications. However, applicants can submit after the deadline – (though the later you apply, the harder it is to get in).