With the aim of advancing rewilding-related technology in the UK and introducing new talent and ideas into the field of rewilding, Ecosulis is thrilled to announce the launch of their first ever Rewilding Tech Challenge. The application is currently open and if you got what it takes to really help rewilding tech take apply now.
Ecosulis is a pioneering environmental business that has always invested heavily in technology as they look to provide innovative solutions to today’s conservation challenges.
The first prize of the challenge is £5,000 as well as ongoing support from the award-winning Ecosulis team and hosting of winners’ idea on www.rewilding.io.
The challenge will be judged by a panel of conservation scientists, tech-focused professionals, entrepreneurs and investors, and Ecosulis representatives.
- Technology that makes rewilding investible
- Technology that monitors restored ecological interactions, dynamics and/or functions
- Technology that aggregates and processes data from multiple rewilding initiatives to add value for all
- Open to any UK-based individual, team or company willing to collaborate with Ecosulis on the development of rewilding-related technology;
- Technology may be hardware or software but must be applied in a practical way to the rewilding/biodiversity/conservation space;
- Those shortlisted will be invited to pitch their ideas to the judges in a Dragons Den-style event to be held later in 2019;
- Applications are open to ideas or projects at any stage of development and are welcome from sectors other than the conservation/rewilding sectors (e.g. computer science, social science).
Interested applicants can apply online on or before the deadline of Friday, April 5, 2019.