The Knight Foundation’s Emerging City Champions seeks to empower young civic idealists with audacious innovations to enhance the use of public space, mobility, and community engagement in civic projects.
Powered by the 8 80 cities and John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, the program is helping new and confident young minds advance project viable enough to enhance utility and aesthetics of communities and also catalyse the engagement of community in civic engagements.
- $5,000 in seed funding to facilitate the materialisation of one civic project in a community in a year
- A four-day experiential studio in Toronto Canada
- The Emerging City Champion Network and constant mentorship training from all round experts
- All expense paid trips
- Open to anyone with innovations and passion to drive their ideas to implementation
- Projects must be able to meet the common needs of communities
Applicants must be:
- 19 -35yrs at the time of application
- able to travel between July 26 -31, 2019.
- implement their projects in one of the 26 countries where Knight Foundation Invests
- include a multimedia submission that describes their projects ( blog posts, slide shows, video, etc.)
If you meet the listed criteria, visit the website to tender your application before the deadline on Sunday, May 12, 2019.
Never miss an important story during the week. Subscribe to smepeaks weekly newsletter now.