Participate in the virtual AgriPitch competition, for $40,000 grant award
In partnership with Asoko Insight, a digital company leveraging technology and in-country sources to enhance access to corporate data, the African development bank, has organised an AgriPitch competition to connect African businesses in the agricultural sector, to global investors.
The goal is to promote agricultural innovation and entrepreneurship among African youths, thereby generating jobs, wealth, and improved livelihood, via inclusive growth across the continent.
Through its virtual platform, shortlisted businesses will participate in the competition, from Monday, November 16 to Friday, November 20, after which winners will be chosen based on various categories under consideration.
Shortlisted businesses will receive a grant award between $10,000 and $40,000.
Businesses must be in one of the following categories:
- Youths with early stage startups
- Mature startups
- Women-empowered businesses
The following criteria must be met:
- Startups must have a clearly defined prototype or proof of concept, and may or may not have had any products introduced to the market
- Mature startups must have market traction, including; technology, product, service, among others, already on the market with a clear investment ask and growth plan and strategy
- In addition to the criteria for a mature startup, women empowered businesses must have at least 51% share of women ownership or be founded by a woman
How to apply
Are you an entrepreneur in the agricultural sector with a great pitch to scale in the AgriPitch competition? Visit the website to submit your interest. Application deadline is Thursday, October 15, 2020.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].